Q. My friends might criticise me for getting help with my clutter. What should I say?
A. Many of our clients have told us that they have been poo-poohed by their friends or family for getting help with clutter, who say things like:
- You can do it yourself, you just have to set aside the time
- Don't be so self-indulgent, that's just a stupid luxury
- I can tell you exactly what to throw away
- I love organising other people, I'll do it for you
- Why can't you do it on your own? You don't need any help
- What a waste of money!
You might reply something like:
- I need to do what is right for me.
- It's all making me so down that I can't do it by myself
- You'll get it when you see how much happier it makes me
- If you help me, I will be worried about boring you
- If I have a professional in, they will be working for me and I'll be able to control what happens
- Working with a expert means that it will get done a lot more efficiently and quickly
After all it's your stuff, in your home, and deciding to work with a professional is YOUR CHOICE.
You might also be interested in:
- What actually happens during a session?
- Have you ever walked away from a job?
- What if I am too embarrassed for you to see my mess?
- Do you need to make an initial assessment before you come
- How can my friends and family help me during a decluttering session?
- My partner is not very keen on the idea
- Our range of services
- How much it costs