Getting the most out of a session
For many people it's a serious decision to have some outside help with decluttering. It's normal to feel a little apprehensive before your decluttering session. Stay calm and be re-assured that we are on your side. We are here to help.
Here are some 'do's' and 'don'ts' on how to get the best out of your time with Cluttergone.
- Keep an open mind. We certainly do.
- Set aside some uninterrupted time to work together - you might need to find someone to look after the children for a while, collect them from school or postpone a friend who often pops round on a Thursday
- Think about whether you'd like us to take before and after photos.
Let us know if you need to finish the session at a certain time.
- Be willing to maintain the systems we set up.
- Understand that if it took you a few years to get disorganised, it might take some time to fix.
- Accept that there will be some thing that will need to be thrown away!
- Be prepared to do some homework once we've gone. The more you can do on your own the more progress you will make.
- Find your cheque book or make sure you have enough cash!
- Put the kettle on! Clutter clearing is thisty work! It will also help if you have something in for lunch!
- Realise that clutter clearing might just change your life.
- There is no need to be embarassed. We are here to help.
- Rush out and buy anything special. it's more than likely we'll be able to use what you have in the house already.
- Forget your sense of humour. We'll aim to keep a session light-hearted but productive!
- Please don't tidy up before we come!
- Leave it till the last minute if you have to cancel for any reason.
- Worry about confidentiality. We're not telling anyone!
You might also be interested in:
- How to book
- Do I need to buy anything special?
- Do I need to tidy before you come?
- The children will be at home, is that OK?
- Do you advise on the best way to sell or give things away?
- Do you mind animals?
- Do I need to be there during a decluttering session?