|We are currently recruiting. Please get in touch stating any relevant experience and what area you live in.|
Our Declutterers and Organisers working on a part-time, self-employed basis.
Decluttering experience is essential.
Most people who approach us find that decluttering as a career is not what they want or expect. You have to try it out on your own to find out.
You will need to provide evidence of your hands-on decluttering and organising experience with paid clients. This needs to be with someone you don't know very well, a person who is NOT a friend or close family member. See 'how to get experience' below.
At interview we will discuss your photos and a write-up of any decluttering session.
- Endless patience
- Good listening skills
- Used to working with a wide range of different people
- Lots of life experience with a diverse career background
- Informal or formal project management experience
- An instinctive organiser with an eye for detail
- Ablility to navigate to a new destination and arrive punctually
- Empathetic and understanding
- Personable and friendly
- Energetic, positive and enthusiastic
- Assertive, yet sensitive
- Flexible availability during the week including out of 'school' hours
- Able to work the occasional weekend
- Your own transport (except London)
- Willing to travel up to an hour and half each way to a client
Most clients have a limited budget and only have one or two sessions. You often won't be able to complete each job to the level you would like. Every session will be a challenge as you to get as much physical stuff done in the short time you have available, as well as listening, talking and teaching your client new skills.
There might be dust, mould, spiders, moths and mice droppings. Many of our clients have pets. We don't do filth and squalor.
How to get experience
Put the word out that you are seeking decluttering practice for a low charge, e.g the minimum wage.
Ask around at local organisations or groups and find out if there is anyone they know whom might be interested in some decluttering and organising help. Many people are keen to clear out a garage or loft!
Try free advertising on local noticeboards e.g. school or church. Put a poster up! Facebook and Twitter are useful too.
We do not offer work experience. It will not be possible for you to spend time with myself or any of my team during a session. Decluttering is a very personal time, it is not appropriate for an outsider to be there.
|To find out if we are recruiting in your area right now contact Jo Kingston
by email ONLY, telling us a bit about
yourself and what you could bring to our business. |
No phone calls, please!